Parkowski Guerke & Swayze, P.A. is the premier environmental law firm in Delaware. Our lawyers are intimately familiar with environmental statutes, regulations and relevant case law governing air pollution, surface and groundwater discharges, hazardous and solid waste, brownfields, subaqueous lands, wetlands and wild lands, and CERCLA and HSCA site remediation. Our recent environmental practice incudes:
- Delaware’s unique Coastal Zone Act that restricts industrial development in coastal areas;
- Scope of storm water discharges triggering jurisdiction under Delaware’s implementation of the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (“NPDES”) under the federal Clean Water Act;
- Federal jurisdiction under Section 404 of the CWA and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act with respect to so-called “waters of the United States.”
- NPDES point source discharges and on-site wastewater treatment and disposal regulations governing poultry processing facilities.
- Applicability of Delaware solid waste regulations to solid waste management and resource recovery activities.
- Air permitting in New Castle County’s non-attainment area for 8 hour ozone.
- Superfund and Superfund alternative sites in Delaware
Our environmental lawyers routinely advise our clients on the scope of environmental laws and regulations, assist and guide our clients in obtaining required permits, and in complying with permit conditions, regulations and auditing principles. We also represent our clients in litigation before the Environmental Appeals Board, Coastal Zone Industrial Control Board and in the courts when a violation are alleged, and we are prepared to provide defense representation in toxic tort litigation. Our firm also represents clients before the Delaware General Assembly in seeking changes to environmental laws and regulations – most recently the Coastal Zone Act.